INTEGRAL WORLD: EXPLORING THEORIES OF EVERYTHING
An independent forum for a critical discussion of the integral philosophy of Ken Wilber
Publication dates of essays (month/year) can be found under "Essays".
HUGH MARTIN is listed in Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World. He has appeared on numerous talk shows, led seminars at many colleges and corporations, and spoken at numerous professional conferences and colloquia. Mr. Martin is president of the FINRA-registered securities brokerage firm, Hugh Martin Securities, and of the SEC-registered investment advisory firm, Hugh Martin & Co. Hugh is also president and co-founder of the life planning and counseling firm, Whole Life Counseling. AMALIA KAYE MARTIN ('Kaye') is an early-education specialist, a gifted natural medicine practitioner, and an instructor in nutrition and natural medicine at Baumann College.
JOSEPH CAMPBELL, &
THE MEANING OF LIFE
How Two Great Thinkers Collaborate to Give Us
The Ultimate Hero's Journey of Personal Growth & Human Development
Domains & Sectors -- Omitted Sections
Hugh & Kaye Martin
Ken Wilber's 'felt body,' 'bodyself,' 'types,' 'functional invariants,' and 'horizontal translation.' This installment shows how these abstruse and esoteric concepts square with the Martin's broader and more cohesive ADAPT Model.
- Arenas in the Realm of the Body. Body-oriented growth practices: Homeopathy, chiropractic, acupuncture, Reichian therapy, yoga, etc. How each of the seven Chakras is manifested in various bodily systems and conditions.
- Enneagram Types -- How They Grow. How each of the nine Enneagram Types can become healthier by growing from Fixated to Evolved.
- The Functional Constituents of Self. The eleven fundamental components of human nature that enable us to function and grow as human beings.
- Horizontal Growth. Normally, we think of Growth as Vertical -- that is, growing upwards from Stage to Stage. However, Growth can also be Horizontal -- i.e., growing within a Stage. We present two forms of such Growth:
- Improvement & Translation. We improve on abilities we acquire at a particular Stage. Then we translate those abilities to other related skills.
 This section applies Ken Wilber's terms to the subject of Human Development. It does not purport to describe the full implications of Wilber's concepts
Click here to read the PDF (11 MB) of
Instalment #5 Domains & Sectors -- Omitted Sections
directly in your browser
(Or right-click on the link to save this PDF to your computer.)
We recommend you read this book by opening a two-page spread, just as if you were reading a printed book. To do this, please right-click this link to download this PDF installment and save it to your computer. Then double-click to open the file in Adobe Acrobat. Then go to View > Page Display > And check: Two-Page View, Gaps Between Pages, and Show Cover Page. If possible, view the book on a big monitor. This way you'll get the full impact of all the graphics and tables in the book's two-page, six-perspective format.
The Human Odyssey series comes in four versions of differing lengths -- with three editions of each: Color, Black-&-White, and Kindle. The authors recommend beginning with the Quickstart Color Version.
To see all buying options for The Human Odyssey, click this Amazon link
To buy this book use the
Amazon ads at the top of this page.
Publication History “The Human Odyssey”
- The Human Odyssey, Our Journey of Life from Infancy to Eternity
- Ken Wilber, Joseph Campbell & the Meaning of Life