INTEGRAL WORLD: EXPLORING THEORIES OF EVERYTHING
An independent forum for a critical discussion of the integral philosophy of Ken Wilber
Publication dates of essays (month/year) can be found under "Essays".
, a psychologist of religion, founded IntegralWorld.net in 1997 (back then under the name of “The World of Ken Wilber”). He worked as production manager for various publishing houses and as service manager for various internet companies and lives in Amsterdam. He is the author of the first monograph on Ken Wilber and his work: “Ken Wilber: Thought as Passion
” (SUNY Press, 2003), which has been translated into 7 languages, and of many essays on this website.
SEE MORE ESSAYS WRITTEN BY FRANK VISSER
My Critical Essays
on Ken Wilber
A List of My Contributions
Since 2002, and intensifying aroud 2006, I have published several essays on Integral World which are quite critical of Ken Wilber, both by myself and others. My stated aim in doing this has always been to stimulate a debate on the value of Wilber's proposals. Below is an overview of my essays that have been written in this spirit.
Some see this as a useless attempt at Wilber-bashing, but I would like to reiterate that, in publishing these essays, I am just hammering on the point that the Wilber debate if there is such a thing at all should be critical, public, free, reasonable, informed, well-referenced, transparent, accessible and open to anyone who has studied Wilber. Contrary to what I perceive as the current Wilber discourse.
- A Spectrum of Wilber Critics, February 2006
- Talking Back to Wilber: A Call for Validation, May 2006
- Games Pandits Play: A Reply to Ken Wilber's Raging Rant, June 2006
- "Not So Fast, Cowboy": A Plea For Some Dispassion, June 2006
- For the Record: Final Comments to Wilber's Recent Blog Postings, July 2006
- The Wild West Wilber Report: Looking Back on the Wyatt Earp Episode, July 2006
- My Take on Wilber-5, August 2006
- Lord, Give Us Intgral, But Without the Hype: A Review of "Integral Spirituality", November 2006
- Some Notes on Personalism, December 2006
- For Crying Out Loud, Ken Wilber Repeats Vaporous Arguments about Evolution, February 2014
- The Wolf of Wilber Street, Integral Goes $uperhuman, February 2014
- Wilber and Laszlo, Two Authors of Evolutionary Fiction, April 2014
- Wilber or Truth? How to Get Rid of Your Wilber Complex, May 2014
- Eloquent Emptinesss, The Philosophy of WOW! and The End of Science, May 2014
- Entropy and Evolution, Ken Wilber's arguments for "an infinitely powerful force" behind evolution debunked, July 2014
- Is the Universe Really Winding Up?, August 2014
- Something Rather than Nothing, Where Wilber and Science Part Ways, September 2014
- Integral Theory and Cosmic Evolution, A Naturalistic Approach, December 2014